Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What could go wrong?

I love our new house. I do, but one thing I didn't really pay much attention to before we bought it is that there's a lot of wallpaper in this house. It's everywhere.

It's in the:
Dining Room
Half Bath
Laundry Room
Basement Wet Bar area
Movie Room
Basement Bath
Basement Bedroom
and quite possibly some other little nooks and crannies I've forgotten about.

It wasn't until this past summer, when my husband and I removed a border in the kids playroom, that we realized what a mess we'd gotten ourselves into. The project seemed to take forever, and we had plenty of gouge marks to repair afterwards. Obviously, we aren't the most skilled wallpaper removers.

I'm definitely not considering putting any wallpaper into this house, but I would love for some of the walls to have a little personality so when I found this website I got very excited. I've never applied a stencil before (I'm not kidding when I say I'm new to this do-it-yourself stuff), but I want to give it a try.

I'm thinking about this Aspen Stencil for our home office but in a light shade of purple and white. Honestly, I'm a little scared to do something even remotely bold, but it's just paint, right? That's easy enough to fix if something goes wrong.





No comments:

Post a Comment